Application and Registraion
The registration process is very complex. We are happy to guide you through the process step by step and support you:
Application for :prime
To register for :prime, please follow the 4 steps below. Hereafter you find helpful information and links.
Please don't hesitate to contact our application support for further questions.
Step 1 - Registration requirementscontinue
The requirements for :prime are:
- Secondary school qualification that entitles the student to attend a "Studienkolleg" (preparatory college)
- German skills at at least level B1 (to register for :prime B1) or C1 (to register for :prime C1)
- TestAS with at least 190 points
- evaluation of school leaving certificates via uni assist with the result "university entrance qualification ('Hochschulzugangsberechtigung') to a preparatory course ('Studienkolleg') for all higher education institutions.
Step 2 – TestAScontinue
TestAS is an exam that assesses your ability to study for a degree. It is conducted several times a year in test centres in a number of countries.
The TestAS website has information about dates and test centres near you. The website also provides more detailed information about the test content as well as example questions.
When you register for TestAS you are given an ID. You will need this ID as you progress through the registration process!
Please register in time! The number of places is limited and there is a high demand!
Have you passed TestAS with at least 190 points? Congratulations! Proceed to step 3: Now you can register for :prime!
Step 3 – uni-assist assessment procedurecontinue
Please note the different procedures depending on the level of German:
For :prime B1 please apply for the VPD (Vorprüfungsdokumentation = evaluation of school/university certificates) AFTER your admission. We will contact you for this step.
For :prime C1 you need the VPD BEFORE applying for the foundation program.
These are the 7 uni-assist steps:
- Create a uni-assist account with an email address
- Enter your personal details
- Enter your TestAS ID
- Select a degree course: Enter "HERE AHEAD" in the university field and select prime ING or prime MIN
- Upload certified and translated copies of your school-leaving certificate to uni-assist.
- Pay the uni-assist fee
Step 4 – Register for :primecontinue
Once you have passed the TestAS exam you can register for :prime. To do this, please use our form
Once you have filled out the form and sent it off, we will know you a little better and can help you with step 4.