Application and Registration
The registration process is very complex. We are happy to guide you through the process step by step and support you:
Application for :prime
To register for :prime, please follow the 4 steps below. Hereafter you find helpful information and links.
Please don't hesitate to contact our application support for further questions.
Step 1 - Registration requirementscontinue
The requirements for :prime are:
- Secondary school qualification that entitles the student to attend a "Studienkolleg" (preparatory college)
- German skills at at least level B1 (to register for :prime B1) or C1 (to register for :prime C1)
- TestAS with at least 190 points (paper-based test) or 150 points (digital test)
- evaluation of school leaving certificates via the VPD by uni assist with the result "university entrance qualification ('Hochschulzugangsberechtigung') to a preparatory course ('Studienkolleg') for all higher education institutions. The VPD names the academic discipline(s) from which you can choose your future study program.
Step 2 – TestAScontinue
TestAS is an exam that assesses your ability to study for a degree. It is conducted several times a year in test centres in a number of countries.
The TestAS website has information about dates and test centres near you. The website also provides more detailed information about the test content as well as example questions.
When you register for TestAS you are given an ID. You will need this ID as you progress through the registration process!
Please register in time! The number of places is limited and there is a high demand!
Have you passed TestAS with at least 190 points? Congratulations! Proceed to step 3: Now you can register for :prime!
Step 3 – uni-assist assessment procedurecontinue
Please note the different procedures depending on the level of German:
For :prime B1 please apply for the VPD (Vorprüfungsdokumentation = evaluation of school/university certificates) as soon as you have received your final school leaving certificate. For countries where the APS is mandatory, uni assist offers a "Prüfbericht" in advance. If your school leaving certificate is handed out after the :prime application deadline, please upload your last a short note.
For :prime C1 you need the VPD BEFORE applying for the foundation program.
These are the 7 uni-assist steps:
- Create a uni-assist account with an email address
- Enter your personal details
- Enter your TestAS ID
- Select a degree course: Enter "HERE AHEAD" in the university field and select prime ING or prime MIN
- Upload certified and translated copies of your school-leaving certificate to uni-assist.
- Pay the uni-assist fee
- The VPD also shows from with academic disciplines you can choose your future study program.
- How to apply for a VPD (guideline as pdf)
Step 4 – Register for :primecontinue
Once you have passed the TestAS exam you can register for :prime. To do this, please use our application form
Once you have filled out the form and sent it off, we will know you a little better and can help you with step 4.
If you have any questions about TestAS, uni-assist or the application process in general, please feel free to contact us:
Academy HERE AHEAD
+49 421 218-69682